Stay in touch with the latest news from AIM and get information on sector grants, jobs and events with our free fortnightly E-News.
A chance to network with CFG Members at Summer Gathering
CFG Summer Gathering
Don’t miss the opportunity to meet and get to know more CFG members at CFG’s Members’ Summer Gathering at Microsoft’s offices in Paddington, London on 7 July from 6pm to 8 pm.
Spend the evening making new connections and meeting up with good friends. You’ll also hear from CFG’s CEO, Caron Bradshaw OBE, who will reflect on the pandemic and how the sector is facing the future together.
We will be joined by SmartDesc, who are kindly hosting the evening, and Chris Lines from Microsoft’s Tech for Social Impact Team.
We hope you will join us for an evening of nibbles, networking and inspiring connections!
Places are limited, so book your place now!
The Summer Gathering is open only to CFG members.
If you are not yet a CFG member, register for free at www.cfg.org.uk/aim – membership is open to everyone in your organisation and FREE to all AIM member organisations.
CFG Annual Conference Week
CFG’s Annual Conference Week starts on Monday 27 June. We’ll be hosting seven online, bite-sized workshops on a range of issues on the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, leading up to our in-person conference on Thursday 30 June.
The online workshops are priced at £65 each, or FREE if you are attending our in-person Annual Conference day on 30 June.
Take a look at what’s going on during Annual Conference Week: at what’s going on during Annual Conference Week:
- Creating a positive agenda on charity risk, Monday 27 June, 10:45am to 11:45am
- How to achieve impact maturity for purpose-focused charities, Monday 27 June, 3pm to 4:30pm
- Aligning your budget to your purpose, Tuesday 28 June, 9am to 10:30am
- Is your real estate fit for purpose? Understanding how property decisions can maximise your charitable impact, Tuesday 28 June, 1pm to 2:30pm
- The power of asking questions, Wednesday 29 June, 9am to 10:30am
- Engaging with local communities, Wednesday 29 June, 10:45am to 12:15pm
- Operating internationally, are we covering our risks?, Wednesday 29 June, 1pm to 2:30pm
- Annual Conference Day, Thursday 30 June, all day
VAT & TAX Conference
13 July 2022
9.30 am – 12.30 pm
VAT is a complicated area at the best of times and can be particularly complex for charitable organisations. With a frequently changing landscape for charities and your activities, your finance team need to be up-to-date on VAT and tax regulations.
Luckily, we have the right event for you: our online VAT & Tax conference.
Our experts will share their insight into the current landscape and will bring the latest on a whole range of issues, including:
Updates on the latest developments in VAT case law and VAT regulations and how these might apply to your charity.
Understanding the distinction between grants and supply of services for VAT purposes, alongside a hands-on demonstration of how to prepare a VAT return with partial exemption calculations.
You can also take part in a dedicated troubleshooting session, helping you maximise the available reliefs and VAT recovery for your charity.