Stay in touch with the latest news from AIM and get information on sector grants, jobs and events with our free fortnightly E-News.
AIM Training Grants
The AIM Training Grant is closed to applications until 2024.
- Eligibility: AIM members
- Grant award: up to £300
- Closing date: 2023 applications are now closed.
What will the grant fund?
AIM Training Grants are available to support member museums to develop the skills and expertise of their workforce, both paid and voluntary. AIM members can apply for funding, up to £300 per organisation per year, to support training and development. We can support costs related to fees, accommodation (where distance travel is involved) and travel.
The grant can be used to fund:
- Attendance of courses, seminars, and workshops
- Online remote courses and training
- Subject specialist training
- Museum study visits
- Mentoring placements
For examples of previous training grants awarded, take a look at our grant case studies>>
Eligibility criteria and grant conditions
- Applicant museums must be AIM members and priority will be given to smaller museums receiving less than 20,000 visitors per annum.
- Preference will be given to staff members and volunteers of museums that have not previously benefitted from the scheme.
- We cannot support retrospective applications for funding for training that has taken place or that has been booked prior to the funding being applied for/awarded.
- We can support multiple training grant applications from one museum up to a total value of £300 per museum per year.
- Member organisations / recipients of a bursary will not be able to apply for further support from the AIM Training Grant in 2023.
Please complete the AIM Training Grant application form (found below) and email it to Fiona Woolley, AIM Grants Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted by the end of the calendar month. AIM will acknowledge receipt of your application and respond with the outcome within two weeks of the end of the next month. If your request is urgent, please mark your application as URGENT when you email us.
Payment of grant funding, if awarded, will be made on receipt of a statement of expenses incurred, proof of expenditure, an image, and a brief report of its value for sharing on AIM channels/Bulletin (max. 200 words). Payments can only be made to the AIM member organisation.