Stay in touch with the latest news from AIM and get information on sector grants, jobs and events with our free fortnightly E-News.
Metheringham Airfield Visitor Centre
Location: MVAC, Lincolnshire
Time Commitment: 6 meetings a year, plus annual away day
Contact Details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 2023-11-10
Do you love the idea of keeping Lincolnshire’s wartime heritage alive?
Metheringham Airfield Visitor Centre (MAVC) currently has three Trustee vacancies.
We are a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) and an Arts Council England accredited museum.
Welcoming – Educational – Respectful – Enthusiastic – Inspirational
Would you like to…
- Be part of a dynamic, innovative and forward-looking team?
- Develop your skills in new areas?
- Gain experience in strategic planning?
- Be part of promoting the organisation and all it does both locally and internationally?
- Be involved in the planning and developing our plans and projects for the next 5 to 10 years.
- Use your voice and lived experience to guide our work and give something back to the community?
Why join MAVC as a trustee?
Being a Trustee at Metheringham Airfield Visitor Centre (MAVC) is rewarding as you:
- have the opportunity to engage proactively with our super friendly volunteers,
- get to know the families of the former 106 Squadron veterans who flew from RAF Metheringham,
- learn about the stories behind the artefacts and help keep this ‘gem in the middle of nowhere’ sustainable long into the future.
It is hugely rewarding and takes commitment, but it is worth it.
What are we looking for?
Above all, we are looking for people willing to bring energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to the role, and who will broaden the diversity of composition and thinking of our board. Listed below are some areas which we are currently seeking to develop within the organisation. Our expectation is that trustees remain on the board for up to three years.
There are opportunities for people with relevant interests and or skills to play a leading role in one of the following aspects of the governance of the museum:
- Project Management
- Publicity, Marketing and Community development and engagement
- Museum – curatorial and accreditation
(Other skills that applicants may have experience of or are willing to learn about)
- Property management including buildings and maintenance
- Retail, Front of House in a museum or the hospitality sector
- Law and Legal
- Administration and Secretarial
Number of meetings per annum/time commitment: 6 meetings a year, plus an annual away day planning meeting. Other time commitment will be dependent on the needs of the role taken on and the interest of the candidate to engage with the needs of the organisation. Communication is by email in between meetings.
Daytime or evening meetings: Evening
Closing date for applications: 10 November 2023
Contact details or web link for applicants to find out more: Mark Farrow email@example.com
Organisation website: www.metheringhamairfield.co.uk