Stay in touch with the latest news from AIM and get information on sector grants, jobs and events with our free fortnightly E-News.
Location: Ware Museum, Hertfordshire
Time Commitment: 2-3 days per month
Contact Details: https://waremuseum.org.uk/?page_id=1008
Closing date: 2024-02-29
About the role:
- Provides strategic leadership to the Charity and the Board, ensuring that Ware Museum constantly strives to achieve its mission
- Works in partnership with the Museum Manager and volunteers to achieve our mission
- Leads the Board in ensuring that it fulfils its responsibilities for the governance of the organisation
- Plans and chairs Board meetings, with others as appropriate
- Conducts an annual appraisal and remuneration review for the Museum Manager in consultation with other Trustees
- Has line management responsibility for the Museum Manager; meets with the Manager every 2-3 months to review progress and targets and ensures that the Manager has the opportunity for professional development and appropriate external professional support
- Acts as a spokesperson and ambassador for Ware Museum
We are looking for…
- A track record of chairing meetings with skill and authority, with prior experience of serving on a Charity Board, ideally as a Chair, but those with experience as a Trustee will also be considered.
- A passion for the heritage of Ware and its surrounding area.
- A keen sense of strategic purpose to drive the Museum forward over the next 5 years taking confident decisions to act as a figurehead.
- An understanding of museums and their role and also of how small businesses operate.
- Experience and understanding of the funding landscape in the UK and experience in fund-raising.
- An inclusive leadership style: able to inspire and support everyone to participate on an equal footing to ensure effective management of staff, volunteers and trustees.
- The ability to listen and engage effectively and be comfortable with challenge and debate whilst fostering a collaborative board environment.
- Ability and willingness to champion Ware Museum’s work through personal networks, social media and other channels.
- A strong personal commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Someone who is responsive and able to support the management team on a regular basis, preferably in person.
Number of meetings per annum/time commitment: 6/2-3 days per month
Daytime or evening meetings: Evening
Closing date for applications: 29 February 2024
Organisation website: waremuseum.org.uk