Stay in touch with the latest news from AIM and get information on sector grants, jobs and events with our free fortnightly E-News.
Trustee vacancy – St Barbe Museum & Art Gallery
St Barbe Museum & Art Gallery in Lymington, Hampshire are seeking new trustees to join the Board.
- We are seeking a Trustee who is familiar with fundraising in the charity sector, ideally with excellent contacts in our region.
- We are also seeking a Trustee with a strong finance background. An accounting qualification would be a significant advantage.
- We would like to appoint a Trustee with knowledge of and good contacts within the local business sector. This might be combined with either of the characteristics above.
Role of Trustees
- To act as an ambassador for the charity and contribute to the important task of fundraising.
- To add experience and skills in particular areas to complement the skills already represented on the Board and amongst the small staff team.
- To take an active role in attending exhibition previews and the Friends programme and to represent St Barbe in the cultural life of the region.
- Professional in approach but preferring to get things done with a minimum of bureaucracy.
- Confident in expressing an opinion and able to represent the charity effectively.
- An ability to think creatively.
- Committed and willing to take a keen interest in our work.
Number of meetings per annum/time commitment:
- To attend quarterly meetings of the Board of Trustees and contribute to strategic guidance, governance and evaluation.
- To join an appropriate Board Committee (Finance & General Purposes, Marketing & Development, Friends & Patrons, Collections, Exhibitions & Engagement, Volunteering & Front of House) to advise and guide activities in this area. The frequency of meetings varies but is typically 6-8 times per annum.
Daytime or evening meetings: Currently, daytime
Closing date for applications: 1 September 2021
Contact details for applicants to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org