Stay in touch with the latest news from AIM and get information on sector grants, jobs and events with our free fortnightly E-News.
Trustee vacancy – Treasurer, Royal Society of Sculptors
The Royal Society of Sculptors is a registered charity governed by a Board of Trustees. The Board holds responsibility for the values and strategic direction of the Society. The Society’s strategic plans, annual business plans and risk assessments are considered and approved by the Board. Progress against the plans is monitored by the Board.
While the Board is collectively responsible for its decisions and actions, the role of Treasurer has some specific responsibilities:
- To maintain an overview of the Society’s financial affairs and ensure its financial viability
- To review the budgets, accounts and financial statements (the Society uses Paxton charity accounting system) in liaison with the Director
- To ensure that appropriate accounting policies, procedures and controls are in place – including those covering reserves and investment
- To present the accounts at the AGM
- To advise on the selection of the auditors and their re-numeration
- To keep the Board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities
You will be joining us at an exciting time. We are about to embark on a multi-million pound fundraising campaign. Dora House: the home of sculpture will revitalise our home, deliver a learning space, an archive space with public access, improved exhibition spaces plus revenue generating meeting spaces.
Number of meetings per annum/time commitment: SIX
Daytime or evening meetings: DAYTIME
Closing date for applications: 5PM FRIDAY 14 AUGUST
Contact details for applicants to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org