Stay in touch with the latest news from AIM and get information on sector grants, jobs and events with our free fortnightly E-News.
Anaesthesia Museum – Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Consultant
Term: August 2021 - January 2022
Location: Anaesthesia Museum
Closing date: 5:00 pm 9 May 2021
The Anaesthesia Museum is seeking a consultant to support it, and the Association, to develop an EDI Action Plan, provide training to support organisational improvement, and help the museum establish and run an advisory panel, which will help the team to embed and champion EDI practices in all areas of their work. This includes collecting, storytelling and event programming.
This project has been made possible through grant funding from an AIM Tackling Inequality Grant Award supported by Arts Council England. The aim of the project, Lost in the ether: Missing perspectives within anaesthesia, is to confront attitudes towards race, gender and disability within anaesthesia and make positive change through training, collecting missing perspectives (oral histories/archive material) and a renewed 2022/23 heritage programme
How to apply
Expressions of interest are invited via a proposal and CV (to include two referees) to Caroline Hamson, Heritage Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make it clear in your proposal whether you are applying for both aspects of the role (training and development and research/archiving), or just one.
The proposal should include;
- Statement of methods or proposed approach
- Expression of Interest outlining your interest, knowledge, experience and skills to deliver the project.
- A detailed budget (inclusive of VAT and all costs), enabling transparency to our funders
- Declaration of any potential conflicts of interest e.g. where the consultant is currently a museum trustee or has pre-existing relationships with specific museums
- Up to 2 supporting documents can be submitted
Selection will be made according to the following criteria:
- Demonstrable experience in and knowledge of the areas detailed in the specification
- Knowledge and understanding of the museum sector
- Evidence of ability to deliver to specification
- An excellent facilitator with the ability to support teams through change
- Ability to create a safe space to enable challenge, support difference and learning
- A professional and highly organised approach
Contact Caroline Hamson, Heritage Manager for an informal discussion and more information by email: email@example.com.
Deadline for proposals: 5pm Sunday 9 May.