Stay in touch with the latest news from AIM and get information on sector grants, jobs and events with our free fortnightly E-News.
Chief Operating Officer – Black Country Living Museum
Location: Black Country Living Museum, Dudley, West Midlands
Closing date: 12:00 am 21 June 2021
BCLM is an equal opportunities employer and we are particularly keen to hear from applicants from underrepresented groups.
The Museum is one of Europe’s most successful open-air museums. Our strategic view is that our success originates from being an independent heritage business, and giving equal weight to our purpose as a museum, charity and visitor attraction. We are also in the midst of the single largest development in our 43-year history, with a £30m investment; taking the stories we tell into the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s.
This is a great opportunity for an innovative, collaborative, values-led Chief Operating Officer to continue our journey of transformational change and to deliver effective and empowering operational leadership across the Museum. We are seeking a confident, dynamic, engaging individual who has an appetite for curiosity, tolerance for uncertainty and crucially, adaptability to embrace change.
As a result we are keen to hear from candidates who have proven experience of:
- Embedding a culture of inclusivity to achieve greater diversity.
- Leading a range of functions in an organisation of similar scale and complexity.
- Driving commercial performance in a visitor attraction or similar organisation.
- Exceptional communication, organisational and management skills – including people, project and change management.
- Driving innovation and performance improvement and achievement through others.
- Preparation, ownership and management of sizeable financial resources.
Just as critical will be your personal qualities that show effective working, multi-tasking, a collaborative approach and an inspirational leadership style.
Based in the heart of the Black Country’s regeneration zone, with good road, rail and shortly metro links we are within good commutable distance from many of the surrounding counties, including Worcestershire and Staffordshire.
Interested applicants should apply with a full CV and supporting statement to email@example.com.
For a confidential pre-application conversation please contact Sukhi Baden, Head of People & Culture, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 21 June 2021