Stay in touch with the latest news from AIM and get information on sector grants, jobs and events with our free fortnightly E-News.
Christmas Elf – Aerospace Bristol
Location: Aerospace Bristol, Hayes Way, Patchway, BS34 5BZ
Closing date: 5:00 pm 30 October 2023
Hourly Rate: £10.90
Hours: This is a temporary fixed term contract. Various shifts are available, working 10am to 4pm on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays in December 2023 (1st-3rd, 8th-10th, and 15th-17th) and during the pre-Christmas school holiday week (18th to 23rd December). Minimum 6 hours (one day) per week.
Aerospace Bristol is a family-friendly museum on the edge of the historic Filton Airfield, where every British Concorde was manufactured and made its maiden flight. Our exhibitions tell the remarkable story of a business founded in 1910 that grew to employ hundreds of thousands, shaping local communities and transforming Filton into the birthplace of Concorde and the heart of the world-renowned British aerospace industry. With learning at its core and the last Concorde to fly as its stunning centrepiece, the museum takes visitors on an immersive and interactive journey through over 100 years of flight.
About the role
Aerospace Bristol is looking for Christmas Elves to join the museum this December and help deliver a magical Santa’s Workshop experience.
This Christmas, Aerospace Bristol’s Conservation Workshop will be transformed into Santa’s Workshop, where the elves will be working hard to prepare all of the presents ahead of the big day.
Visitors will have the chance to visit Santa’s workshop, ‘fly to the North Pole’ on a Bristol Freighter, and even meet Santa himself.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To welcome visitors who have booked the Santa’s Workshop experience, escort them from the main museum building to the Workshop and explain how Santa’s Workshop works and what they are about to see.
- To entertain children by staying in character as a Christmas Elf and to help them enjoy their visit to Santa’s Workshop.
- To help ensure the smooth running of the Santa’s Workshop experience, organising children in turns to meet Santa and assisting museum staff and volunteers as required.
- To promote everything else the museum has to offer to Santa’s Workshop visitors.
You don’t have to worked in a museum environment before and we are keen to encourage applications from all types of backgrounds. These are the skills we are looking for no matter where you have gained your experience:
- Able to interact with visitors in an enthusiastic and friendly manner.
- Good with children of all ages and considerate of their individual needs.
- Timekeeping skills in order to ensure workshop sessions stay on schedule.
- Ability to improvise when answering questions and adapt when things don’t go exactly to plan.
- Theatre / acting experience.
- Previous experience working in Christmas grotto or similar seasonal work.
- Free on-site parking
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part time roles)
- Discount in café and shop
- Free tickets for family to Aerospace Bristol and other named Bristol-based visitor attractions
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Your covering letter should explain how your experience and skills are relevant to the role, and why you are keen to apply and work for Aerospace Bristol.
We are keen to make interviews accessible. If you would prefer an online interview, please let us know.
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Mon 30 October, 2023.
Interviews will be held on 3 and 6 November ready for a start date soon after.