Stay in touch with the latest news from AIM and get information on sector grants, jobs and events with our free fortnightly E-News.
Head of Marketing – Mary Rose
Hours: Full time
Closing date: 12:00 am 18 June 2021
The Mary Rose Trust is responsible for conserving and displaying the Mary Rose hull and her unique collection of artefacts for this and future generations. It is also responsible for developing the museum as a world-class visitor experience and as a scientific and educational resource.
We are seeking to appoint a Head of Marketing to be responsible for budgeted ticket and group/trade sales, through optimum pricing, promotions, marketing initiatives and programming. Working alongside colleagues in the National Museum of the Royal Navy the post holder will be responsible for the destination marketing of Portsmouth Historic Dockyard and be an integral part of the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard Operations Ltd Wider Marketing Team. The post holder will ensure the customer visitor experience is excellent and the needs of different customer segments are met. The role scope will vary from big picture strategic planning to hands on marketing activities. Working closely with the Head of Development you will ensure good publicity for the Mary Rose through traditional and digital media, ensuring maximum and profitable ticket sales.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a marketing leadership role.
- Track record of managing ticket sales and promotional partnerships that drive profitability
- Experience of working with limited budgets
- Experience of working with external marketing agencies
- Ability to analyse business data and draw evidenced conclusions for implementation
- Experience of working in multifunctional teams, managing staff and operating budgets
- Background within the visitor attraction/heritage industry is not essential but highly desirable
- Substantial knowledge of optimising marketing via the web, mobile and social networks
- Ability to build strong, collaborative working relationships with stakeholders and external professionals.
The ideal candidate will have a degree or equivalent qualifications and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will be an innovative and results focused individual who has the ability to juggle multiple priorities and be able to motivate a successful team.
How to apply
This is a unique opportunity to make a difference for a national icon. To apply, please submit your CV, and covering letter outlining with examples why you meet the criteria of the role profile to Michelle Rickman, Executive Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 18 June
Interviews: Wednesday 30 June
If you have not heard from us by Friday 25 June you have not been shortlisted for interview on this occasion.