Stay in touch with the latest news from AIM and get information on sector grants, jobs and events with our free fortnightly E-News.
Learning Officer (London), National Justice Museum
Location: Based at the Royal Courts of Justice, London
Closing date: 5:00 pm 18 October 2021
The National Justice Museum is seeking to appoint a Learning Officer to co-ordinate, organise and deliver learning sessions at the Royal Courts of Justice in London and outreach delivery at other sites.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the day-to-day running of learning provision for National Justice Museum at the Royal Courts of Justice and other locations, ensuring all sessions are delivered to a high standard and fit the needs of teachers and pupils
- Facilitate activities with children, young people, adults and other users – delivering educational sessions at the Royal Courts of Justice and other associated sites in accordance with budget targets
- Record details of each visit in accordance with NJM’s national procedures
- Coordinate and deliver National Justice Museum funded programmes in London to funding specifications including timescale, budget and quality
- Review, develop and create site-specific learning programmes in conjunction with other members of the National Justice Museum team
- Be the point of contact for National Justice Museum with schools at the RCJ
- Evaluate the learning provision and educational activities in accordance with National Justice Museum’s evaluation policy
- Maintain and develop links and relationships with schools, colleges, groups and organisations to improve and develop National Justice Museum’s work in London
- Work in partnership with other organisations to develop and deliver National Justice Museum’s learning programme in accordance with the business plan and budget
- Coordinate facilitators and freelance staff to deliver the National Justice Museum learning programme at the Royal Courts of Justice and outreach delivery sites
- Recruit and train new volunteers as well as managing existing volunteers
- Positively promote the organisation and its core aims and objectives
- Actively seek funding opportunities to develop the National Justice Museum learning programme in London
- Ensure all legal requirements are met for delivery of the learning programme, for both NJM and the RCJ including Health and Safety, Risk Assessments, Child Protection and Insurance.
- Be aware of local, regional and national policy and developments and how they influence the National Justice Museum
- Be committed to continuous professional development and take part in training where necessary
- Any other daily duties which are relevant to the role