Stay in touch with the latest news from AIM and get information on sector grants, jobs and events with our free fortnightly E-News.
Marketing & Events Officer – Stow Maries Great War Aerodrome
Hours: 4 days per week (0.8)
Term: Fixed Term, April 2024 to October 2024
Location: Stow Maries Great War Aerodrome, Maldon, Essex
Closing date: 12:00 am 1 March 2024
Stow Maries Great War Aerodrome can be found in rural Essex, between Chelmsford and Maldon. It is the last remaining Great War Aerodrome functioning as such in Europe. It houses the largest collection of surviving Royal Flying Corps buildings in the world. 23 2* Listed buildings, on the Historic England At-Risk Register. It is an Arts Council England accredited museum, a renovation project, and light aircraft aerodrome and an award-winning volunteering centre. It is operated by Stow Maries Aerodrome Ltd, a registered Charity.
This is a new post offering an exciting opportunity to make a major contribution to this nationally important heritage site in Essex. We are looking for an exceptional marketing/ events person with an interest in working in the charitable sector and with an understanding of heritage.
The role includes developing and delivering key messages, across a variety of mediums, to raise the profile of Stow Maries Great War Aerodrome (SMGWA), a unique site and helping to develop a program of events to attract a wider audience.
You need to be a team-player with initiative and a passion for collaboration, as well as a motivated and enthusiastic person.
Reporting to Chief Executive Officer, the Marketing and Events officer will be part of a small team of paid staff and a large team of dedicated volunteers.
Salary: £22,000 per annum (£27,500 pro rata)
4 days per week (0.8 FTE) with some weekends. Fixed term contract from April 2024 to October 2024.
- To develop and deliver a Marketing Plan
- To introduce new events and fund-raising activities.
- To organise and assist delivery of existing and new events working with a number of people already involved.
- To support maintenance and development of the SMGWA website and social media channels.
- To develop and maintain a contacts database.
- To handle related enquiries via email and phone
- To create and edit unique content for external communications on several platforms including website articles, press releases, editorials and newsletters.
- To work with volunteer team members to achieve set objectives.
- Maintain the highest standards of professionalism in dealings with internal and external clients.
- To work collectively towards the Vision and Aims of SMGWA
- To abide by the Code of Conduct
- To act in accordance with all policies and procedures.
Required Personal Skills and Qualities
- Relevant degree, or equivalent qualification or experience in marketing.
- Experience of organising & delivering events
- Computer literate
- Fully proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Relevant experience of managing social media
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a challenging workload.
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work within a team.
Additional Skills and Qualities an advantage
- Proficient in Photoshop, InDesign or related platforms.
- Experience of managing website content
- Creating/editing images and/or video content.
- Experience or good understanding of working with volunteers
- Awareness of proactive and reactive content development
- Awareness of copyright issues pertaining to the role
- Awareness of SEO and website analytics.
- Able to present a professional and positive image of SMGWA
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Excellent time-keeper
- Understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities.
To arrange an informal discussion about the role, applicants should contact firstname.lastname@example.org, enclosing CV and covering letter.
Closing date: Friday 1 March.