Stay in touch with the latest news from AIM and get information on sector grants, jobs and events with our free fortnightly E-News.
Check out CFG’s Charity Finance for Small Charity Guides
At CFG, we know that small charities deliver big for their communities and are the beating heart of the charity sector. We also know the pressures you’re under to increase impact and do more, often with less. As a small charity ourselves, we get it!
So we’ve launched Series 1 of our Charity Finance for Small Charity Guides. These quick-to-read and informative guides are an introduction to a range of charity finance topics.
Series 1 covers:
- Essential charity finance for small charities
- Records management for small charities
- Banking for small charities
- GDPR for small charities
- Small Charities and Reserves
Our aim is to demystify charity finance and leadership, so you can spend more time doing what you do best – serving your communities.
Please note: To access the guides, you will need to log into the website as a CFG member.
If you are not yet a CFG member, register for free at www.cfg.org.uk/aim – membership is open to everyone in your organisation and FREE to all AIM member organisations.
CFG Members – here’s your latest update!
CFG Annual Conference Week
We are excited to announce CFG’s Annual Conference Week! Starting from Monday 27 June, we will host seven online, bite-sized workshops leading up to our in-person conference on Thursday 30 June.
The online workshops are priced at £65 each, or FREE if you are attending our in-person Annual Conference day on 30 June.
Take a look at what’s going on during Annual Conference Week:
- Creating a positive agenda on charity risk, Monday 27 June, 10:45am to 11:45am
- How to achieve impact maturity for purpose-focused charities, Monday 27 June, 3pm to 4:30pm
- Aligning your budget to your purpose, Tuesday 28 June, 9am to 10:30am
- Is your real estate fit for purpose? Understanding how property decisions can maximise your charitable impact, Tuesday 28 June, 1pm to 2:30pm
- The power of asking questions, Wednesday 29 June, 9am to 10:30am
- Engaging with local communities, Wednesday 29 June, 10:45am to 12:15pm
- Operating internationally, are we covering our risks?, Wednesday 29 June, 1pm to 2:30pm
- Annual Conference Day, Thursday 30 June, all day
VAT & TAX Conference
13 July 2022
9.30 am – 12.30 pm
VAT is a complicated area at the best of times and can be particularly complex for charitable organisations. With a frequently changing landscape for charities and their activities, your finance team need to be up-to-date on VAT and tax regulations.
Luckily, we have the right event for you: our online VAT & Tax conference.
Our experts will share their insight into the current landscape and will bring the latest on a whole range of issues, including:
- Updates on the latest developments in VAT case law and VAT regulations and how these might apply to your charity.
- Understanding the distinction between grants and supply of services for VAT purposes, alongside a hands-on demonstration of how to prepare a VAT return with partial exemption calculations.
- You can also take part in a dedicated troubleshooting session, helping you maximise the available reliefs and VAT recovery for your charity.