Stay in touch with the latest news from AIM and get information on sector grants, jobs and events with our free fortnightly E-News.
DCMS launch ‘Rediscover Summer’
EMBARGOED UNTIL 10 JULY. PLEASE DON’T SHARE PUBLICLY.
DCMS is launching a new campaign on 10 July titled ‘Rediscover Summer’. The campaign aims to highlight and promote some of the fantastic offers open to young people this Summer and encourage their engagement.
‘Rediscover Summer’ will be based around a central page on gov.uk, with dedicated ‘Shorthand Social’ pages that gather activity across the six main themes from government and our partners. We’ll also be profiling individual examples during the below weeks of what’s on offer on our social media channels.
- 3 -25 July warm up content
- Week 1 – Reading / 26 July
- Week 2 – Creativity / 02 August
- Week 3 – Sport / 09 August
- Week 4 – Nature/ 16 August
- Week 5 – Heritage/ 23 August
- Week 6 – Community/ 30 August
How you can get involved
DCMS is now gathering content so we can profile the amazing things happening over the summer. If you want to engage with the campaign and are happy for your content and activity to be featured on DCMS channels, please can you share details with Rediscover-Summer@dcms.gov.uk We ask that you please:
- Send the details of (ideally free) activities targeted to young people you are running over the summer so DCMS can promote this and add it to their pages. This should include:
- Details on the events
- Dates the activities are running
- Links to any booking or information pages
- Share any content (such as video footage. trailers, montages, explainer ads) and images that you’re happy for DCMS to add #RediscoverSummer branding to, either in the form of a logo on stills, or an endslate for video.
DCMS also want you to get involved by posting your activities on your channels, using the #RediscoverSummer hashtag aligned to the weeks and themes above.
Please let them know what you’ll be publishing/posting and when so DCMS can look out for it and amplify. You’re also welcome to tag @DCMS on Twitter and /dcmsgov.uk on Facebook and Instagram and @educationgovuk and educationgovuk on Facebook and Instagram.
Across the campaign, DCMS would like to gather data to measure the effectiveness of the campaign in supporting you and their partners. DCMS would like to contribute to marketing planned activity across the culture, tourism and sports sectors to help drive uplifts in sales, footfall and other participation rates. Of course, DCMS cannot directly attribute their contribution to any uplifts, but hope that through the campaign any promotion they give will raise awareness and encourage people to take part in your summer activity. Any data you are happy to provide which would allow DCMS to track this activity would be gratefully appreciated (including social media metrics and visitor data).