Stay in touch with the latest news from AIM and get information on sector grants, jobs and events with our free fortnightly E-News.
Trustee vacancy – Eskdale Mill
Eskdale Mill & Heritage Trust is recruiting a Secretary, Chair, watermill & hydro engineering experts and finance/admin support to join the Board.
The duties of trustees are:
- to ensure that EMHT complies with its governing document, charity law, and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- to ensure that EMHT pursues its charitable objects
- to ensure that EMHT applies its resources exclusively in furtherance of its objects,
- to contribute actively by giving firm strategic direction to the organisation,
- to prepare for, and regularly to attend and actively participate in trustees’ meetings
- to safeguard the good name, values and mission of EMHT
- to ensure the effective and efficient administration of EMHT,
- to ensure the financial stability of EMHT
- to act as a co-signatory for cheques, new accounts and other financial documents, if requested to do so
- to protect and manage the property of EMHT and to ensure the proper investment of its funds
- to demonstrate commitment to EMHT by maintaining paid-up membership
- regularly to review risk, including to buildings, visitors, volunteers and staff
- to support the mill manager.
Number of meetings per annum/time commitment: 2 hours per week
Daytime or evening meetings: evening
Closing date for applications: November 2022
Contact details for applicants to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org