Stay in touch with the latest news from AIM and get information on sector grants, jobs and events with our free fortnightly E-News.
Trustee vacancy – Natural History Museum
The Prime Minister wishes to appoint a new Commercial Trustee to the board of the Natural History Museum. Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community to help ensure that the Museum’s board is representative of the diverse society it serves.
The Natural History Museum’s mission is to create advocates for the planet – inspiring millions of people to care about the natural world and make the positive changes in their daily lives that will create a world in which both people and planet can thrive.
The Museum is currently seeking to appoint a new Commercial Trustee to replace Dr Kim Winser OBE who will be stepping down at the end of her second term on 17 August 2021.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate in their application the following qualities:
- A love of natural history and a commitment to the Museum’s strategic plan;
- Executive commercial experience at a senior level with the ability to help drive the development of the Museum’s commercial operations;
- An understanding of the importance to the Museum of fundraising and a commitment to support such activity.
- The ability to work collaboratively with other Trustees and the senior management of the Museum to ensure its effective governance, and to contribute to strategy and policy development and;
- A commitment to preserving cultural heritage, and improving education and understanding of British and World history.
Closing date 2 July.