Stay in touch with the latest news from AIM and get information on sector grants, jobs and events with our free fortnightly E-News.
Spark! leadership programme
Time: Deadline to apply: 25 March
Strengthen your professional and personal resilience with our programme of support and development for independent museum leaders.
AIM’s Spark! programme enables you to share your challenges and opportunities with a small peer group of museum directors and senior leaders. It is perfect if you are looking to reignite your creativity, re-energise your teams and face the future for your organisation with confidence.
Programme running April – June 2024, with applications due by 25 March.
Who is the Spark! programme for?
This is a programme for those who are motivating and leading the overall team in their museum. We particularly welcome people with a significant leadership role, including individual museum directors and other senior leaders. As the programme is funded by Arts Council England, priority will be given to applicants in England.
What benefits does the programme offer?
The pandemic, swiftly followed by a cost-of-living crisis, has challenged the sector, and had a marked impact on our organisations, our teams and ourselves. As a museum leader you will have been under particular pressures and stresses over the last 18 months.
Guided by experienced consultants, this targeted programme of support and professional development is designed to enable you to pause, reflect and plan. Participants are expected to continue reflecting on their practice between sessions. It is also designed to be a safe space to raise difficult issues and gain ongoing support from a network of peers – which will be part of the legacy of participating.
The programme is delivered online to a cohort of around 12 participants and includes:
- 3 x 3 hour Action Learning Sets (two groups of six)
- 2 x 2 hour workshops to cover topics selected by you. We will work with you to shape the workshop content and adjust the programme to fit the varied needs, roles, and backgrounds of participants.
You will also be offered two, individual, hour-long coaching sessions.
When is it?
Workshop 1: 2pm – 4pm Wednesday 24 April 2024
Action Learning Set 1: 10am – 1pm Friday 3 May 2024
Workshop 2: 2pm – 4pm Wednesday 15 May 2024
Action Learning Set 2: 10am – 1pm Friday 7 June 2024
Action Learning Set 3: 10am – 1pm Friday 28 June 2024.
How to apply
To register your interest and find out more email Margaret Harrison, Head of Programmes at AIM on firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your name, role, and organisation
- What you think will be the key challenges of the next 6 – 12 months
- What you hope to get out of the programme, both personally and for your organisation
- What the most challenging situation for you and your organisation has been in the last 18 months
- How many staff your museum has
- Whether your funding been cut, grown or stabilized in the last 18 months
Deadline for applications: Monday 25 March.
Participants are asked to make £100 contribution towards the programme, which will be invoiced once their place has been confirmed.